After nearly 5 years of development, developer Gearbox and publisher 2K Games have released Borderlands 3 worldwide for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. It’s been seven years since the most popular title in the series, Borderlands 2 was released.
Borderlands 3 has already received praise from early critics such as IGN who awarded the game an impressive 9/10 whilst noting that “its arsenal of fun is unmatched.” Destructoid described it as ”a hallmark of excellence” whilst U.S. Gamer called it ”an absolute blast”.
So far, the Borderlands franchise has sold more than 40-million copies worldwide and Borderlands 2 still draws in more than 1 million unique monthly users despite its age. This is owed in part thanks to the fans who welcomed the game to the latest generation of consoles after originally being released on PS3 and Xbox 360.
Borderlands 3, takes what fans loved about the previous games and expands and improves many of the key features, whilst also introducing some new ones to please the fans.
- A Mayhem-Fuelled Thrill Ride: The fanatical Calypso Twins have united the bandit clans and are closing in on the galaxy’s ultimate power. Only you, a thrill-seeking Vault Hunter, have the arsenal and allies to take them down. Uncover the rewarding mysteries, memorable inhabitants, and deep lore of the extensive Borderlands narrative universe.
- Your Vault Hunter, Your Playstyle: Become one of four extraordinary new Vault Hunters, each with unique abilities and playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalisation options.
- Lock, Load, and Loot: With multiple distinct weapons manufacturers, a revolutionary content generation system, and special legendary drops to uncover, your ever-improving arsenal comes with near-infinite possibilities. Shotguns with bullet shields? Rifles with multiple elemental damage types? SMGs that grow legs and chase down enemies? All of the above!
- New Borderlands: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each featuring unique environments to explore and enemies to destroy. Tear through hostile deserts, battle your way across war-torn cityscapes, navigate deadly bayous, and more!
- Quick & Seamless Co-Op Action: With the new “level-sync” system, the experience seamlessly scales for each individual player. That means you can play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen co-op, regardless of your level or mission progress. Plus, when you take down enemies and challenges as a team, “loot instancing” ensures you reap rewards that are yours alone – no one misses out on loot.
If you’ve still not purchased the game and are wanting to, you can find it in all good retailers or on your console’s respective digital marketplace and the Epic Games Store on PC. We’re currently playing the game and will have a review up once we’ve explored all it has to offer.