Independent game developer and publisher, The Behemoth has announced that Castle Crashers Remastered on PlayStation 4 will be releasing on September 17th, 2019 in North America, and September 19th in Europe.
The release of Castle Crashers remastered on PlayStation 4 marks The Behemoth’s first-ever PlayStation 4 game. The release also coincides with the Nintendo Switch version of the game, which had these release dates confirmed a while back.
Originally released way back in 2008, Castle Crashers has gone on to sell more than 20 million copies across all formats. Castle Crashers Remastered brings everything fans loved about the original game and adds some much-welcome improvements such as:
- A fast-paced solo and multiplayer mini-game called “Back Off Barbarian” that’s sure to keep you on the edge of your seat
- Texture sizes that are five times the texture sizes of the original game for sharper, higher-resolution graphics
- A smooth 60FPS gameplay experience; the original game ran at just 30FPS
- All previously released downloadable content including characters, weapons, and animal orbs are available to unlock in-game, with no additional purchases necessary
- Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer
The game features both local and online multiplayer where up to 4 players can join in on the hack-‘n’-slash fun offered by the game.
For more information about the game and its upcoming launch, check out the official website here.