Publisher, PlayStack, alongside the developer, Maze Theory have today released their VR game, Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time on PSVR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and HTC Vive Cosmos with an Oculus Quest version planned for release later this year.
Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time sees players visit the likes of Victorian London, as well as Ancient Egypt and many other places as they take control of the Tardis whilst being guided by none other than the current Doctor herself, Jodie Whittaker.
Combining action, horror, and Sci-Fi this is an experience that allows players to witness the world of Doctor Who in a never before seen way thanks to the powers of Virtual Reality. Players will be able to use the Sonic Screwdriver to solve puzzles, find themselves face to face with classic monsters from the show, and escape from treacherous environments.
Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time – Features
- Become Part Of Doctor Who – a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield The Sonic Screwdriver – With exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the Sonic Screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
- Stunning Cinematic Visuals – From the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell, to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
- Doctor Who Talent – Featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of The Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson – Digital Producer for Doctor Who and author
- Oculus Quest Support – experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality