Fractured Minds, The BAFTA Young Game Designer award-winning puzzle game that aims to raise awareness around the subject of mental health has today released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC. The game is available digitally for the price of £1.79 / €1.99 / $1.99 with 80% going to the recently founded Safe In Our World game industry charity that aims to tackle and raise awareness about mental health issues.
Fractured Minds comes from Emily Mitchell who at just 17 years old found solace through the world of game development. The game is inspired by Emily’s own travel through severe anxiety and seeks to create a much greater understanding of the condition.
Players will embark on a journey that takes them through the human psyche as they explore atmospheric and thought-provoking chapters each presenting a symbolization of different aspects of mental health.
“I created Fractured Minds to help those who suffer from anxiety and other mental health issues feel they’re not alone,” said Emily Mitchell. “The effects of illness can be invisible from the outside, yet debilitating to those affected, so it’s important to continue raising awareness and offering support. I am grateful for the support I’ve received and want to help others however I can.”
“Fractured Minds shows how great talent can develop incredible experiences that can change how we all feel and identify with mental health. It can create debate, empathy and allows us to walk in the shoes of others. Safe In Our World is honoured to be a beneficiary as we support Emily and her poignant project,” said Gina Jackson, Trustee for Safe In Our World.“We are passionate about shedding light and destigmatizing mental health conditions while helping the game playing and development community come together in support of one another.”
- BAFTA award-winning indie game exploring matters of mental health
- Interactive environments to overcome though challenges and puzzles across 6 levels, each inspired by real-life obstacles
- Explore the emotions surrounding emptiness, anxiety, depression and paranoia with hope
- Enjoy a rich and immersive soundtrack including “Silence” provided kindly by Kai Engel
- A thought-provoking experience about what it means to live with mental health
- Giving back via 80% of proceeds split equally between Emily Mitchell and Safe In Our World