FUZE Technologies Limited has today announced that FUZE4 Nintendo Switch will be launching to the system on August 30th, 2019. It will be available across Europe, the USA and other English-speaking territories (UK £29.99, USD $39.99, Euro €34.99).
FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is a coding platform for the hybrid system and has been designed by experienced gamers, programmers, artists, and educators. It has been designed in a manner that makes it easy for absolute beginners as well as seasoned programmers.
“FUZE4 Nintendo Switch represents a fantastic opportunity to help address the digital skills gap. Teaching coding from a gaming perspective is sure to enthuse, inspire and motivate young people and provide them with a valuable life skill, imperative to the future digital landscape.”
– Ian Livingstone CBE – Founder Games Workshop, Director Sumo Group plc.
FUZE4 is a fully-featured coding studio, complete with a code editor, media browser, map editor, image editor, and sharing abilities with your Nintendo friends. There’s also the option to collaborate on projects with your friends.
There are no limits with FUZE4, users can create many different kinds of games from 2D shoot-em-ups to 3D space adventures. This really is looking like it could be home to some of the Switch’s most unique ideas.
“FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is a ground-breaking achievement. Making games is a fun way to learn important digital skills that employers desperately seek. This is how coding should be introduced and we hope this will have a significant impact.”
–The Oliver Twins – Creators of Dizzy & the Guinness World Record holder for being ‘The Most Prolific 8 Bit Game Developers’.
FUZE4 Nintendo Switch includes:
- More than 220 functions and commands
- Over $1,000 worth of 3D models, 2D sprites and sound files
- Sharing projects with your Nintendo Friends
- Comprehensive Programmer’s Reference guide, tutorials and help examples
- Intuitive, clear and minimal user interface
- Joy-Con, Touch and USB keyboard controls
- Flexible code editor with undo/redo, copy, paste, syntax highlighting, bookmarks and integrated help reference
- Powerful and extremely versatile programming language
- Advanced 2D engine with full sprite controls
- Incredible 3D Engine with lighting, shadows, deferred rendering, temporal anti-aliasing, high dynamic range rendering, 3D Camera, object scale, rotation and point functions
- Play music, sound FX and create your own with the built-in programmable synthesiser
- Joy-Con support including Gyro, Accelerometer, HD Rumble and Analog sticks
- More than 10,000 gaming assets across 2D, 3D and Audio
- Tile Map editor for creating your own 2D levels, backgrounds, top down maps and landscapes
- Image / Sprite editor to create unique graphics
- fuzearena.com – A community website for additional support, showcasing, tips, tricks and general coding antics!
For more information about F4NS, check out the official website here.