Infliction: Extended Cut, the psychological horror game from developer Caustic Reality and publisher Blowfish Studios is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Stalked by an evil spirit, players take on the role of Gary R. Pout as he seeks to unravel the mysteries behind the fates of the former residents to this particular family home. Taking place over the course of 13 years, the player will have to solve puzzles and avoid an evil presence or risk becoming one more lost inside the house.
- You are not alone – A restless AI enemy will be stalking you, and you really don’t want to be caught. Will you hide, or find some way to fight back?
- Warped reality – Explore a realistic, interactive suburban house that gets more fractured and twisted the deeper you go.
- Piece it together – Read letters, find diaries, and examine the precious mementos of a broken family to understand the terrible events that led you here.
- Almost too real – The story is grounded in real-world domestic tragedy, the fears and hurts that we all know: broken hearts, betrayed trust, grief, and loss.
- Choose your challenge – Standard difficulty will occasionally point you in the right direction, but in hard mode you will be on your own.
You can watch the launch trailer below;
If for whatever reason you’re still on the fence about buying Infliction: Extended Cut after watching that trailer, then you can follow this link to see what Dominic had to say about the game to get a better idea of it.