Aspyr and Tunnel Vision Games have today announced that the long-awaited puzzle game, Lightmatter is launching on January 15th, 2020 for Steam.
Set inside a mysterious experimental facility, Lightmatter is a first-person puzzle game in which shadows will try to kill you. You’ll have to carefully navigate your way through sprawling tunnels and plenty of rooms as you try to avoid being swallowed by the vast darkness.
The game tells a sci-fi riddled story of a maniac inventor who has created the game’s namesake ultimate power source known as Light Matter. Players will have to play through the story to discover the hidden plotline, whilst facing puzzles that require light the mastering of different light sources.
● Step into an evacuated facility that risks tearing the world apart atom by atom.
● Use lateral thinking to solve mind-bending puzzles with lights, shadows, beams, platforms, and even Lightmatter.
● Explore themes of journalistic integrity, scientific ethics, and megalomania.
● Starring David Bateson (Known from playing Agent 47 in Hitman) who leads as Virgil, CEO of Lightmatter Technologies, and who provides the game’s dark humor narrative.
● Inspired by art used in thick-line animation and graphic novel-style outlines.
● Pays homage to first-person puzzlers, drawing inspiration from The Turing Test, Portal, and The Talos Principle.