Publisher, Big Sugar, and developer, Steel Mantis have announced the official Valfaris release dates for PC and consoles. There are four different release dates for the game across the systems it will be available for, and they are as follows:
- October 10: PC (Steam, GOG, Humble) and Nintendo Switch
- November 5/6: PS4 NA/EU respectively
- November 8: Xbox One
In addition to the standard edition, a deluxe digital edition will also be available at launch for both PC and PS4, that will include the game, original soundtrack and a digital artbook.
Set in space, Valfaris sees you take on the role of Therion, a proud son of Valfaris as he tries to save the once self-proclaimed paradise from an evil force that threatens its existence. Throughout his journey, Therion will come across deadly enemies and so much more.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell